Help at Every Milestone
Medical Alert Systems
Life-saving services at the click of a button allow seniors to live safely at home, for longer.
How Medical Alert Works
- Your information is immediately sent to the Response Center.
- Personal Response Associate begins 2-way communication and assesses the situation.
- The associate contacts a neighbor, loved ones, or emergency services, based on your need.
Telephone Reassurance Program
Heart to heart conversations can uproot feelings of loneliness and isolation and grow new meaningful connections in their place.
Milestone allows Kalamazoo County residents age 60+ to enroll to receive weekly calls from our valued volunteers. Seniors are carefully matched with the right volunteer to ensure a good fit. Volunteers are available to call each week via phone to talk about hobbies or any topic of interest.
The companionship of pets enhances the mental and physical well-being of homebound seniors, but many find it challenging to source their food and supplies. Milestone’s Pet Support Program helps furry friends stay with their people, where they both can thrive.
Do I Qualify?
- Age 60 and older
- Resident of Kalamazoo or Calhoun County
- Needs to be a Meals on Wheels client
This is a supplemental pet food program
Be a Part of Milestone’s Mission
Giving money or time is about more than just generosity. Pulling together to uplift seniors and celebrate aging benefits everyone in the community. There are so many ways to help.