Supplemental Food Program
Sustaining Food Pickups
Do I Qualify?
Age 60 years or more
Present a valid Michigan State ID with current address
Self-declare an income that meets 130% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. (In 2021, this is less than $12,880 for one person or $17,420 for a household size of two.)
Contact us before the first of the month to register for services.
How it Works
- Income-eligible seniors living in Kalamazoo County receive groceries once a month.
- Food distributions happen on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:30 a.m. at the Salvation Army on South Burdick in Kalamazoo.
- Do you live in senior housing? Food pickup may be available where you live. (Onsite distribution venues for residents include Golden Tree, Spring Valley Crossings, and Portage Pines.)
- Are you unable to attend the distribution? No problem. Simply designate a proxy to pick up your distribution.
Current COVID-19 Protocols
We are still operating with slight modifications to our service.
- Distributions are being held in the parking lots, rather than inside, of standard locations.
- Staff will verify your information and then load the box into the vehicle for you, OR hand the box to you outside.
- Staff will sign for you.
- If you are concerned about leaving home, we encourage you to use a proxy.
Made Possible by Partnership
The Supplemental Food Program is run collectively by Milestone, Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes, the Salvation Army, and Area Agency on Aging Region 3A.
- Milestone maintains all client records of registration and services, and assists clients with setting up the program.
- Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes provides food and volunteers to assist during distribution.
- The Salvation Army hosts the distribution at their site.
- Area Agency on Aging assists with program signup.
Other Meal Services
Milestone provides a holistic approach to meal services, meeting the needs of seniors throughout life’s journey. From delivered meals to dining rooms that foster friendship, we build vital human connections with each meal.